Tuesday 15 March 2016

Above me Below me poem by Derek

Above me…   

Brown gnarly branches swayed gently in the calm breeze, while leaves rustled loudly. The chirps from crickets irritated me so much I’ve nearly gone deaf.  

Below me…  

Thick tree roots grabbed at me daring me to fall. The muddy uneven dirt helped the tree roots as I ventured into the unknown. Leaves scattered all around me , surrounding me, the sound of leaves crunching overwhelmed me, it was so intense.

In front of me…  

Vinegar got sprayed at me in the face like a missile, but stinker! Thin, puny branches poked me in the chest while I was holding onto something that would lead me out of this maddens, rope. I could smell victory as I scrambled to the end quickly but carefully.  

Behind me…  

Freezing cold air smashed into my neck, nearly turning me into an ice cube and freezing me to death. Screams of terror echoed around me wrapping me in. Warm, wet hands touched me trying to make me scream, but it was actually pretty relaxing.     

By Derek

6 comments:

  1. Nice work Derek,This is really descriptive,it paints a picture in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool poem it sent shivers down my spine macing me feel like winter all over again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Derek that is amazing! Your poem paints an image in my mind! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing writing Derek! Very descriptive and fulfilling! But I did manage to find what I think was a spelling mistake with the word different, but I could be wrong, otherwise it was perfect! I would like to ask, will you do some more writing? I think it is really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Derek that was really good you used plenty of adjectives and describing words. That really created a picture in my mind about what was happening in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Above me, behind me poem was so descriptive. Nice work!! You described the same thing that happened to me at the Burma Trail.
    (P.S please reply back)

    ReplyDelete