Monday 12 September 2016

The Selfish Mayor by Ethan

I wrote this story because this was my asttle writing test and I quite liked it. This story is about a selfish mayor who destroyed the city by not listening to a smart boy. Enjoy!

Dark clouds thundered across the blue sky towering over city “X”. The clouds sent bright red lightning down on the city. The lightning was cursed, so whatever the lightning touches, the things inside it would slowly disappear. The first person to notice that things were disappearing was Max. When he was just about to lick his delicious ice-cream with a cherry on top, it suddenly disappeared. He went to the big, fat mayor and told him that his ice-cream had disappeared. The mayor said “You ate it”
“No I didn't.”
“Yes you did.”
“No I didn't.”
This argument continued for 3 hours, but when they were arguing, residents around the city started to find their precious things started to disappear. After that the mayor gave up arguing because he realised that his comfortable chair had disappeared and he had been crouching for the last 3 hours. Soon chairs, tables, cups, pencils disappeared mysteriously with just a blink of an eye. The mayor got so heart broken because all his belonging disappeared. He cried to Max “Do something.”
“No, I won't, I can't, I don't know how.”
“Yes you will.”
They argued for another 24 hours- meanwhile houses started to disappear and humans started to disappear …- and when the mayor and Max got so tired of arguing. The mayor looked at the rubble left behind the city and cried out “What have I done.”
“You have  just destroyed the city by not listening to me.” Max replied calmly.

The End
By Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment